Prospect Research Consultant
The Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development (EJS Center) was founded in 2018 to be a catalyst for political and social change across Africa by helping unleash its most abundant latent power — its women. The EJS Center aims to amplify the voice of women and girls in all spheres of life by increasing the representation of women in public service leadership roles in Africa. Through a unique blend of programming, advocacy, archival research, and museum exhibitions, the EJS Center seeks to become a premier institution dedicated to advancing and sustaining women’s political and social development on the continent.
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the Prospect Research Consultant will use a broad spectrum of resources to assist the EJS Center in performing prospect research that serves as the foundation for the capital campaign for the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Library. The Prospect Research Consultant will proactively and independently identify, research, and rate potential prospects; notably for the 50/50 club fundraising project. The Prospect Research Consultant will also create concise, accurate, and timely reports through analysis of public information, wealth, financial data, and philanthropic history.
Position Title: Prospect Research Consultant
Position Legal Status: Temporary (3-month project)
Position Location: Remote
Report To: Director of Partnerships
Target Start Date: As soon as possible
The Prospect Research Consultant will be responsible for proactively researching and rating potential donors for the EJS Center’s 50/50 club fundraising project. In addition, they will be expected to create monthly reports which include KPIs as discussed and agreed with the Director of Partnerships.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of Partnerships, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting prospect research globally looking for men, women, and companies who share the vision and mission of the EJS Center.
- Monitoring, gathering, and evaluating prospect data from various electronic and print sources.
- Following all procedures and policies, ensuring that data integrity and security are maintained.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality regarding project details.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Director of Partnerships.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will fit the profile below:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or another advanced degree in a relevant field (History, Sociology, Political Science, or Finance) is an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Experience with capital campaigns.
- Minimum of three years or more of prospect research.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, analytical skills, and the ability to communicate.
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Capable of performing multiple tasks.
- The ability to work both autonomously and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
To apply, submit (1) a cover letter highlighting why you should be considered and (2) a CV to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please quote the position title above in the email’s subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further instructions.