The Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development (EJS Center) was founded in 2018 to be a catalyst for political and social change across Africa by helping unleash its most abundant latent power — its women. In Sub-Saharan Africa, women only comprise 24% of cabinet ministers and 23% of parliament members. The Center aims to amplify the voice of women and girls in all spheres of life by increasing the representation of women in public service leadership roles in Africa. Through a unique blend of programming, advocacy, archival research, and museum exhibitions, the EJS Center seeks to become a premier institution dedicated to advancing and sustaining women’s political and social development on the continent.
The EJS Center is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Position Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Report to: Executive Director (ED)
Target Start Date: July 2021
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of the EJS Center, the Executive Assistant (EA) to the ED, and Liaison to the Board of Directors supports the ED and the Board with administrative and complex secretarial support. One of the primary duties will involve the preparation of presentations to be used by the ED for such activities as Board meetings, informal talks, lectures, etc. This position requires excellent organizational abilities, expertise with various software applications, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to use judgment and tact. The EA works with minimal instruction or supervision in a highly confidential setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Assistant to the ED
- Provides strategic input to maximize the effectiveness of ED’s schedule.
- Composes various oral and written communications; drafts, proofreads, and revises correspondence.
- Accompanies the ED to internal and external meetings and events.
- Ensures that the ED is properly prepared and supported for all meetings and events through long-range planning, staff coordination, and daily diligence.
Executive Assistant to the ED and Liaison to the Board of Directors
- Occasionally represents the ED at various internal and external events.
- Available to coordinate and execute projects, events, and visits as requested by the ED.
Liaison to the Board of Directors
- Develops and implements all logistics for Board orientations and meetings.
- Vets all materials to be sent to the Board.
- Composes various oral and written communications; drafts, proofreads, and revises correspondence for the Board chair.
- Provides staff support to assigned Board committees.
- Provides communications to the Board and Board committees throughout the year.
- Responsible for compliance reporting as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- Experience: Five years minimum administrative experience in a fast-paced, multi-faceted office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate and work productively with other employees of Centers and Foundations, including Senior Leadership.
- Must be efficient, tactful, courteous, and confidential.
- Ability to work with members of the Board, with executive officials of organizations, local government, and the general public, is essential.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Available during non-traditional work hours.
- Personable and poised.
- High-level of professionalism required.
- Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to help establish the first female presidential Center in the world and be part of shaping the future for women and girls in Africa. A true commitment to the EJS Center’s mission and women’s empowerment is essential.
To apply, submit (1) a Cover letter highlighting why you should be considered, (2) a CV, and (3) Names of three references with email addresses & telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.