The Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development (EJS Center) is currently requesting quotations from accredited construction/engineering firms in Liberia to provide technical support for the design, project management, and oversight for the construction of prefabricated office space on its property located behind Fish Market, Sinkor. Qualified and experienced firms are asked to submit quotes by January 27, 2023, at 4:30 pm. The consultancy will run from February 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023
Background of the EJS Presidential Center
The EJS Center is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2018 to be a catalyst for political and social change across Africa by helping unleash its most abundant latent power — its women. The Center aims to amplify the voices of women and girls in all spheres of life by increasing the representation of women in public service leadership roles in Africa. Through a unique blend of programming, advocacy, archival research, and museum exhibitions, the EJS Center seeks to become a premier institution dedicated to advancing and sustaining women’s political and social development on the continent. As a result of its work, the EJS Center envisions more voices heard, talents unleashed, and leaders launched that prioritize the aspirations of women. Its mission is to champion women’s ascension to the highest levels of leadership and challenge systemic barriers to girls’ and women’s advancement.
Responsibilities of The Firm
Collaborate with the EJS Center in developing a design for the prefabricated structure based on the necessary specifications and give a cost estimate for the structure for approval.
- “Draft the RFQ for selecting the firm (s) that will do the civil work, material manufacturing, and installation of the structure.”
- In close coordination with the EJS Center, lead the evaluation of bids received in a transparent manner based strictly on the evaluation criteria to be stated in the RFQ.
- Work with the EJS Center’s legal counsel in formulating the construction contract between the EJS Center and the selected bidder.
- Monitor the construction and ensure that work is done as per the contract.
- Serve as the technical representative of the EJS Center on the construction project and provide bi-weekly updates.
- Ensure that the completed structure meets all required legal and environmental standards within the Republic of Liberia.
- Receive the completed structure from the contractor and turn it over to the EJS Center, along with an end-of-project report.
Quotation Format & Documents
- Company Name and Address
- Resume of key staff on the project
- Company terms and conditions
- At least two (2) references
- Proof of certification by relevant gov. agencies
- Payment Terms
- Currency of Quote – United States Dollars
- Quote Validity
- Legal Documents (Tax clearance & Business Registration)
The quotations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Fee/cost- 35%
- Experience in providing similar services – 40%
- Responsiveness of the quotation in meeting the required scope of work –25%
How to Submit
Please submit proposals electronically to email@example.com by 4:30 pm GMT on January 27, 2023. Bids received after this date will not be considered. The subject line for submissions should be: “Prefab Consultancy.”
Incomplete submissions will not be considered, and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Please note that this consultancy service will be subject to applicable tax. The selected firm for this consultancy will not be eligible to bid for the construction work so as to avoid a conflict of interest.