Vanguard highlights application process for 2021 cohort of Amujae Leaders
As we continue the application process for our next cohort of Amujae Leaders, we are pleased to see the Amujae Initiative featured by Vanguard, one of the leading news outlets in Nigeria.
In the article, Vanguard highlights how our flagship program is “the only course in the world that is specifically designed to support talented African women leaders through direct coaching from former female heads of state who have forged the path before them.”
The article also notes that the EJS Center has opened applications to all women across the African continent who:
- Are citizens of and reside in any African country.
- Have proven leadership talent, having excelled in their chosen fields and distinguished themselves as leaders who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, have the vision and proven commitment to become exceptional public leaders.
- Have demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Are patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/countries.
Vanguard also quotes EJS Center founder and former President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in her remarks about the application process:
“Of course, any woman has the power to be a change maker in her community, but I’m particularly reaching out to those who want to excel in public leadership. Today, African countries have lower numbers of women in government than their peers on average; this must change for the continent to accelerate development.”
Applications to join our next cohort of Amujae Leaders are open until September 30. If you are interested in learning more about the program or applying, click here. You can read the full Vanguard article here.